Bowie Boys Lacrosse
REFUNDS: Full refunds, less a $25.00 administrative cost will be given until February 28th. After March 1st, 2017 no refunds will give for the 2017 Spring Lacrosse Season; however, we may offer a uniform buyback option in which we will purchase back your unused uniform and refund this portion of the registration (if purchased).
Welcome to Bowie Boys Lacrosse, the largest oldest and most comprehensive lacrosse program in Prince George's County. Lacrosse is the fastest growing sport in the US and as of 2016 lacrosse is now a varsity sport in Prince George's County Public High Schools. Bowie Boys Lacrosse is home of the 2014/2015/2016 U15 SMYLA Champions!
2017 What's NEW and What to EXPECT
Your Bowie Lacrosse Sports fee covers:
- 8 games played.
- League games will be scheduled on Saturdays starting in March and running until May. Two of the dates will include double-header. No games Spring Break/ Easter Weekend!
- Saturday May 21 and Sunday May 22, SMYLA end of the year tournament held in Bowie.
- Minimum of 2 practices per week and start the week of Feb 28th, 2017.
- 1 player admission to Bayhawks Clinic
- 1 player ticket to Bayhawks Game on Bowie Night
- 1 player ticket to UMD Game on Bowie Day
- 1 UMD tee shirt (player must attend game to receive shirt)
- 1 player admission to DeMatha Clinic
- 1 player admission to Bowie Clinic
We welcome all new players play lacrosse, "the fastest sport on two feet." Players are required to wear helmet, shoulder pads, lacrosse stick, gloves, arm pads, cleats and mouth guard. Rib pads are optional but are worn by most players. Bowie allows your player the option to rent a helmet, shoulder pads and gloves for all Scoopers and Bantam aged players (5-9). Pee Wees, Middies and Juniors new to the program equipment is limited and on a first come first served basis. A $250.00 deposit check made out to BBGC and postdated for 6/1/2017 is required for all players borrowing equipment. Your check will be returned to you at the conclusion of the season once the equipment is collected (Date TBD).
Equipment Rental Dates:
February 22nd & 24th 7-8pm at the Bowie Lacrosse Equipment Shed, located at Bowie Public Works Road, off of Annapolis Road. Details and map will be emailed to registered participants. These will be the only dates to borrow equipment.
Stick Length Requirements
- Scoopers & Bantams– Sticks cannot be less than 36” from tip to end (top of the head to bottom of the pole). The max length is 42”. At this age it is recommended all players cut their sticks to 36”.
- Pee Wees – Sticks can be 36” – 42” or 52” – 72”
- Midget & Junior – Sticks can be 40” – 42” or 52” – 72” – High School Federation Rules.
Consult your coach before cutting your stick.
For all of our complete information, visit our website here
Visit us on Facebook